hardisk full

Laurence Orchard laurence at orchards.org.uk
Mon Apr 12 13:05:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 06:12, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Bilal Dar wrote:
>
> >Well thanks but i am not even at this step now, my new device is /dev/hdb. I made two partitions /dev/hdb1 and /dev/hdb2. Now what should be my next step. I dont know what to do next.
> >
> >Thanks

Hi all

Hope I'm not being obvious here or have missed something!!

What happens about the mkfs?

Surely he has to make the file systems on the partitions BEFORE he can
copy on to them or mount them.

mkfs -t ext3 /dev/hdb1 -c -c

takes a while with the 2 -c, but it will do a complete surface check,
miss it if you are sure the disk is ok

Laurence