initrd failed

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 12 15:33:05 UTC 2004

On Apr 12, 2004 at 17:27, red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch in a soothing rage wrote:

>hi
>
>i've lost my initrd file (the only one that existed)...now i can't boot, because
>it's missing. i've tried to create a new with the CD (linux rescue), but that
>doesn't work, because mkinitrd doesnt find /lib/modules/<kernel-version>
>because it's mounted as /mnt/sysimage/lib/modules/<kernel-version>. i know, i
>shoudl chroot /mnt/sysimage, but this doesn't work (i think because the cd is
>fedora core 1 and the system is updated to the latest development packages).
If you are using the latest development packages, you should be
on fedora-test-list. If you do only have one kernel installed
you are FUBARed. If you can not chroot, well...

>any ideas how i could create the needed initrd-file?
You need to get disc 1 of FC2t2.

>regards
>red_alert
>
>ps. i can't burn the latest CDs, because i've no cd burner available atm :(
Good luck comes in twos, bad luck in threes...

N.Emile...
        "MIME, oh mime, how I hate thee.  Let me stick pins in you to
         count the ways..." -- Ben LaHaise
 11:27:02  up 22 days, 23:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00