A curse on LABEL=

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Apr 12 16:57:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:17:17PM -0400, James Kosin wrote:

> Dave Cross wrote:
> | On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:26:37PM -0300,
> pablo.gietz at nuevobersa.com.ar wrote:
> |
> |>Estare fuera de mi oficina hasta el 21/05/2004 inclusive.
> |>Respondere su mensaje cuando regrese.
> |>
> |>I will be out of the office until 05/21/2004
> |>and I will respond to your message when I return.
> |

> | Any chance we can get this idiot unsubscribed until he comes back from
> | his holiday?
>
> I'd like to have something worse happen to his email account.....
>
> Sorry, I can't believe some people forget or neglect the fact that
> mailing lists are not the place for OUT OF THE OFFICE MESSAGES.
>
> I think there is a way for the mailing list to automatically filter such
> messages though....

Any decent "out-of-office" software should look at the "Precendence:"
header and not sent replies to anything marked as "Precendence: bulk"
or "Precendence: junk".

It seems that Pablo is using broken "out-of-office" software.

Dave...

--
  If there's something inside that you wanna say
  Say it out loud it'll be ok