How to customize locale for each desktop icon for KDE?

Juan Carlos Inostroza jci at tux.cl
Mon Apr 12 18:42:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 14:32, Jingcao Hu wrote:
> For instance, what I want to achieve is that, when I click the Audio player
> icon in the desktop, it will automatically set up the locale of XMMS to
> zh_CN so that the songs with name in Chinese can be properly decoded. (Right
> now I have to fire it in terminal by typing "export LANG=zh_CN && xmms which
> is not convenient).

try passing the environment variable before running xmms

i.e.: LANG=zh_CN xmms

> I tested a little bit with the configure files in $HOME/Desktop directory
> but with no luck. Is there a place that I can find the complete list of the
> allowed keys for such configuration file?

did you installed an additional locale (language support, during the
installation phase)? did you check for language errors? (locale not
supported, etc?) did you configured the locales?

--
Juan Carlos Inostroza O.
Registered Linux User #246002