Grub error...

Brian Cain Brian.Cain at motorola.com
Tue Apr 13 00:56:35 UTC 2004

I did a FC1 install this weekend.  I've got an Asus P2B w/a 2.x Gb hard
drive.  After the successful install, I rebooted, and see the following:

Grub loading stage 2
Grub loading stage 2
Grub loading stage 2
Grub loading stage 2
Grub loading stage 2
...ad infinitum...

Bugzilla yielded 55168 and 53677 -- are these probable matches with my
symptoms?  Should I just have opened a bug in the first place?

Interesting comment: "'Great'.  another broken bios... guess I'll be
implementing a --disable-lba32 flag for grub soon"
- is there a list of said broken BIOSs?  Stupid question ahead -- I
thought linux didn't rely on BIOS stuff for disk geometry?  Does Grub?

I'd love to try lilo instead of Grub in the hopes that it might just
work, but I don't think the installer offers me that option.  Does it?

While I'm posting, a way-way-way-undertrumpeted feature is the VNC-able
install.  I found this browsing through the release notes, but if you
ask me, it warrants a front-page listing.  This should be noted as an
option at one of the F<n> screens on install disk bootload, IMO.

-Brian