Anaconda exited abnormally

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Tue Apr 13 04:28:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:45:43PM +1000, Paul Evans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Celeron 3.2Ghz with 512MB RAM and 120GB hard drive.  Every time I
> try and install Fedora Core from the box set of 6 CDs (with source code) I
> get the message "install exited abnormally".
>
> I have tried new RAM and different graphics cards and monitors.  This error
> occurs in text graphic and lowres modes.
>
> I then installed Redhat 9 (which worked) and tried upgrading again in text,
> graphic and lowres modes.  Each time the same error appears.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas before I throw this new box set of 6 CDs in the
> bin?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.

Try a test to if dma/irq conflicts are causing the problem.  Try to
install with network card, soundcard, etc removed.

The network card has caused this on one of my systems.  If you remove
the network card or some other card, and it installs.  Retry with the
card in another slot.

Moving my network card up a slot solved this problem with an older box
of mine.

jay