Time server...how to set it up on FC1?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 13 04:39:16 UTC 2004

At 22:32 4/12/2004, you wrote:
>The new ntpdate will no longer make the brutal abrupt time adjustment
>that some of us got to know and 'love'.  I am not sure which behavior
>is in the FC1/2 ntp package at this time but the "time"s they be a changing
>on this point.
>
>Read all about it on the ntp home pages and in the Fedora archives.

Most interesting. The last thing I read on the subject was a huge diatribe
on the evils of ntpdate. Didn't pay that much attention to it, since it was
written by someone with a genuine interest in microsecond-level precision
whereas 10 or 15 seconds (10,000,000 greater variation) is just fine by me.
<grin> However, I did retain the understanding that ntpdate was going to be
eliminated at some point, not rewritten.

Haven't had much time to STFW here, but can you point me to a URL or two?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com