Synaptic and rpms

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Apr 13 08:56:11 UTC 2004

Hello to all,

In synaptic - preferences - temporary files you have three options, if I
choose to leave all downloaded packages in cache, Is there a way I could
extract the rpms or copy the cache folder to media to use on a PC with
no network or Internet access.

I simply ask because I could download the individual packages but if I
miss a dependency that I might not know about, and then I will have to
drive back to the office to get it.
This would not be a good service to my client if you know what I mean.

If this isn't possible where do I download the latest rpms, I have
looked at freshrpms but they are a bit old and I just can't get through
at rpm.livna.org for some reason.
Any help will appreciated.

Many thanks

--