Flickering video with ATI Radeon and KDE

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 13 17:10:16 UTC 2004

James Kosin wrote:

> Ok, correcting myself some more.....
> XFree86 4.4.0 will contain support for 3D using ATI chipsets below
> Radeon 8500...  ATI's site has 3D support for Radeon 8500 and above on
> their web-site...  Binaries only!
> Hmm... amazing how things change so quickly.
>
> Just my added comments.
> James

Things have changed since January with the latest driver (March) as
they now say that Hardware 3D is supported.  I hope it is but it is to
late for me as I won't support ATI.  Any company that puts out a
driver for a 3D card that does not support 3D without making it clear
gets removed from my good products list.  I will wait and see.

It will be interesting to see the results.

--
Robin Laing