apachectl-httpd start-problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 14 17:39:36 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 14.04.2004 schrieb aladavs at dunwoody.edu um 06:10:

> I am running a Fedora box in a testing enviroment  for my senior project. Another student
> installed Fedora, after the install I proceeded to shut off most of the services except for ssh
> and httpd, do I need to have the service running under services? When I proceed to start sshd

man chkconfig

chkconfig --list sshd
chkconfig --list httpd

> or apachectl in the command line, I get the message of cannot start the service. I know my
> post does not contain enough information to get an actual answer, but I am seeking help to
> find a small setup tutorial espefically for apache in Fedora? Thank you in advanced!

Apache2 is running out of the box on Fedora Core 1 after installation.
If you have problems you need to look at the log files in
/var/log/httpd/.

As Apache2 on FC1 is nothing special you can follow the documentation on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/. The configuration files on FC1 are in
/etc/httpd/conf/, the main file is /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and all
files in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ are included.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:35:53 up 26 days, 3:17, load average: 0.45, 0.39, 0.36
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]