Can I use a RedHat 7.2 boot disk to install Fedora via nfs?

Andres Montiel linuxlists at chargedideas.com
Thu Apr 15 04:03:38 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install Fedora on an old (P133, 32MB RAM) laptop. The
cdrom on the extension base doesn't work well anymore so I have to
install via nfs connecting to a Linux desktop.

My problem is the 2 boot disks (made from bootdisk.img and pcmciadd.img)
can't detect my PCMCIA card properly. However, the bootdisks of RedHat
7.2 can detect my PCMCIA card properly (I already installed RedHat 7.2
via nfs on my laptop before; I think it used the pcnet_cs drivers). Can
I use a RedHat 7.2 boot disk to install Fedora via nfs? How do I go
about doing this? Are there any files that I have to edit or copy?

Thanks.

- Andres

p.s.

When I use the disks made from Fedora, and from the window I get when
pressing ALT-F3, I get a bunch of "unresolved symbol" messages:

HINT: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
	You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
* failed to insert /tmp/ds.o
/tmp/pcnet_cs.o: unresolved symbol register_pccard_driver_R1c442d6c
/tmp/pcnet_cs.o: unresolved symbol unregister_pccard_driver_Rdb348cd2
* failed to insert /tmp/pcnet_cs.o
* load module set done