Duplicating a Fedora PC

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 15 09:20:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 18:49, Hugh Foster wrote:
> Bit of a Linux newbie, working up a first Linux box for production users -
> so far, looks pretty good on PC 1 of 2. Now, if this were a Windows box, I'd
> DriveImage it and blat it onto the other, tweak the name and logins etc,
> voila 2 pcs.
>
> IS there a way to dupe an installation easily, or do I have to slog through
> all the settings again manually?
Hugh,

kickstart is another option. Your first anaconda install will place a
kickstart file in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg that you can use to automate the
second install. You can also create a kickstart configuration using the
program /usr/sbin/redhat-config-kickstart which can be launched from
Redhat Menu -> System Tools -> Kickstart

To use it for a new install, you could copy it to a floppy disk and
enter the following at the linux install boot prompt:
linux ks=file:fd0/anaconda-ks.cfg
See this page for another method:
file:///usr/share/doc/redhat-config-kickstart-2.4.2/redhat-config-kickstart-savefile.html

Regards,
-Matt
--
mhelios - www.fedoraforum.org
Registered Linux User #348963 / counter.li.org