Logwatch email reports

Ed Jones home-fedora at edjones.org
Thu Apr 15 09:42:11 UTC 2004

Hello all.

I'm having trouble getting logwatch (version 4.3.2-2.1) to email me.

I've set up reporting at level 5, and the period of reporting to 'yesterday'
(without inverted commas, obviously) in /etc/log.d/conf/logwatch.conf and
I've checked that there's a cron job in /etc/cron.daily (there is - it's
called 00-logwatch, which is actually a symlink to
/etc/log.d/scripts/logwatch.pl) - but I'm just not getting daily emails to
root.

If I run logwatch from the command line, it emails fine.

I've removed the package (using rpm -e) and reinstalled it using yum.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Ed