X flicker

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 13:58:46 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I've just installed Fedora on to a testbed box prior to installing it on my
laptop (replacing RH7.3), and I've got a couple of problems.

The first one is that I can't get X to work correctly.  I'm running an Epox
EP-3VWM board with onboard graphics, and I'm getting ghosting and flickering,
both during bootup and once X has started (init mode 5).

If I run redhat-config-xfree86 it detects the monitor correctly as a 'Smile
CA6748SL', and detects the card as a 'Trident Cyberblade (generic)'.

Can anyone suggest how I stop the flickering.

--
Gary Stainburn