Network Problem

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Tue Apr 20 01:33:49 UTC 2004

Monday, April 19, 2004 5:41 PM Sébastien Bisoglio

> 2 led but my transfer rate is 5mo / sec.
> With my other Mandrake server I've (with same NIC) 11mo / sec
> ! Then it's all my problem !

What units are you using? Mo/sec is not one I'm familiar with. Also,
what kind of transfers are you doing? You could be looking at an
application issue rather than a driver/NIC issue.

> a cat /proc/cpi give me this :
>
> Bus  2, device  11, function  0:
>      Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone]
> (rev 36).
>        IRQ 5.
>        Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
>        I/O at 0xd800 [0xd87f].
>        Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf4000000 [0xf400007f].

Hmmm. 3Com with a cyclone chipset. Is it a new card? Hate to say it, but
the 3Com name doesn't inspire the same warm-n-fuzzies it used to... At
least we know the driver is sound. At this point I think it's time to
ask if you have any other cards you could try?

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
303-246-9555
eric at ediamond.net