yum update 2179 kernel

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 09:38:30 UTC 2004

John Fleming wrote:
> [...]

Do you have a separate boot partition?  Maybe it's not getting mounted.  If
grub was initially installed to this partition it would still be used for
booting, and for storing the original kernels but you wouldn't see those
kernels when the system was running.

Check the partition table and contents of /etc/fstab.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555