mii-tool and dsl?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 21:05:13 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb Mike Burger um 22:45:

> Both of the DSL modems I've had, as well as both cable modems I've owned,
> and every DSL modem I've installed for other people have all had 100meg
> ports...either in a 4-5 port switch, or in the port that connected right
> to the PC/router/firewall.

Well, I was not speaking about the ports on DSL router/switch/modems
which are for the LAN. They are of course 100MBit on all I know.

Like mine: from ethtool eth1

        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 10Mb/s
        Duplex: Half

> Interesting.
>
> As I noted, a few seconds ago, I'm surprised that the manufacturers are
> even bothering...I can't imagine that 10meg chipsets are that plentiful,
> anymore.

That is certainly right. Who knows ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 23:01:11 up 2 days, 5:47, load average: 0.14, 0.14, 0.18
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]