XDMCP broadcast

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Wed Apr 21 22:21:36 UTC 2004

Wednesday, April 21, 2004 8:38 AM -=Brian Truter=- asked:
> Does cygwin support X GLX extensions? I have been using
> Xmanager, myself. It works very well, but unfortunately, it
> doesn't suport GLX. I have also tries Exceed and xWin32, both
> of which claimed to have GLX support, but it wasn't well
> implimented in my experience.

I'm in the process of updating my Cygwin installation now... Looking at
the package list, it has an xorg-x11 implementation on top of Cygwin.
There is an experimental glx module available.

I'm a bit puzzled though. The glx extensions should help speed things up
considerably when running X enabled programs locally under Cygwin, but
what do youexpect to gain from them when running a remote X session.
With the network as your bottleneck, the extra graphics speed will be
meaningless.

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
303-246-9555