CD player does not send output to sound card

Ketut Parikesit nyenkaden at plasa.com
Thu Apr 22 01:54:18 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm totally newbie in Linux, and I'm having lots of
problems but I'm determined to tackle them one at a time.

At the moment the problem that I'm having is with my
CD-Rom drive. It doesn't seem to send the audio output to
the soundcard. Whenever I put an audio CD in there, Fedora
recognized it right away and plays the audio track, but no
sound comes from the speaker. But when I rip the CD into
the hard disk, the sound comes OK.

I can only get the sound if I plug the speakers directly
into the headphone jack of the CD ROM drive. If I plug the
speaker to the jack of the soundcard, I get no sound at
all.

It could be some wiring problem (hardware problem), but it
works with Windows XP.

Thanks in advance, and greetings from Bali.