init script THANK YOU

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Thu Apr 22 13:15:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:09:13 +0200, "Jeany Zoita Jakobsen"
<Jeany.Zoita.Jakobsen at HARALDSPLASS.NO> wrote:

>The gol is to us MailScanner-4.29-.7-1 to get and send the post in and out the hospital.
>
>There is a reason  why not using the SpamAssassin package coming with Fedora
>Core 1. I dont know how to start this service.
>
>Well thank you very much for ideea to install  RPM packaged clamav.
>I went to http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/1/clamav/ and  downloaded the pack clamav-0.70-1.src.rpm,
>Followed the instructions at <http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/yum-repository.html> and then run:
>up2date -u clamav,
>used this command:
># for i in `echo clamd clamav-milter freshclam sendmail`; do /sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 $i on; done
>> can not find information about service clamav-milter: No such of file or filecatalog
>I do not know whay ( is missing in etc\init.d too)  this is hapening. But i am happy that is just clamav-milter this time.
>-Every were in every conf fil is staing that clamd should start firt and not in root.
>But i have no info what shell i type to start the program.
>This people i am doing the job (practis place) for want that MailScanner and clamav and SpamAssassin should start automaticlly.
>Is it posible?
>Have a nice day,
>Jeany

You might want to take this to the clamav-users mailing list. However, you
also need to download and install the clamav-milter package.  It's a separate
rpm. Try

  up2date clamav-milter

or download the rpm from http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/1/clamav/

--