DVD Installed: Thank You

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Thu Apr 22 13:40:22 UTC 2004

Too often we focus on the negatives and forget that technology is supposed to
improve people's lives.  In the software world, we've gotten so cynical thanks
to a few corporations (OK, maybe just one particular corporation) that it almost
sounds like a joke to say that, but that's what technology is actually for
(Think fire, agriculture, indoor plumbing, the telephone).

The great thing about free software is that it puts technology in the hands of
the people and gives them the freedom to use it the way they want.  Thanks for
your post Brian - it warmed a cynical old techie's heart.