Modem USB ADSL Conexant AccessRunner

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Apr 22 19:29:20 UTC 2004

Giovanni D wrote:
> I have a modem ADSL "Aethra USB Starmodem Um1020", with chipset Conexant
> AccessRunner. I have downloaded the necessary software from the site
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/accessrunner and I have tried to install
> it on my system Fedora core 1B. The compilation of the packet
> cxacru-2003-10-05-src.tgz arrests him with the following error: make[1]:
> *** [cxacrunormal.o] Error 1.
> Has someone succeeded in installing and to make to work these drivers?

That error looks like you tried to compile a tarball without untarring
it first.  Put the .tar.gz in a scratch directory, then

	# cd /scratch/directory
	# tar xzf cxacru-2003-10-05-src.tgz

to untar it.  Look at the directories created, find the README or
INSTALL file and read it/them.
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -