Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

John Lagrue admin at moraystudio.com
Fri Apr 23 19:56:02 UTC 2004

Danny Anderson wrote:
> DISCLAIMER:
> I apologize for this having little to do with Fedora (if I remember
> correctly, Langa didn't try Mandrake or Fedora versions of Linux).  Bad
> behavior should be confronted and rebuked, or it just festers.  Way too
> many emails go out with people saying things they would never have the
> guts or credibility to even mutter under their tongues in public.
> Delete/flame/read on:
>

> SOAPBOX:
>
> I actually subscribe to the Langa list that talked about the article in
> question.  There is no real point to knock Fred Langa- he has been
> around for a long time and he knows what he is talking about.  The
> insults are childish knee-jerk reactions.  To be quite frank, it is
> pathetic to see some of the things people are willing to commit to an
> email and distribute.  Whoever came up with the idea that making
> baseless insults about somebody else will somehow increases one's
> credibility should be flogged.  Then shot.  Then flogged again.
>
> As far as Fred Langa goes, *please* don't take my word or anybody else's
> word about the man's qualifications.  I would urge people to read a few
> of the LangaList newsletters (www.langa.com/) and make up their own
> minds.  The guy is putting it out there for free, anybody can check it
> out and formulate their own opinions.

Thank you Danny. I have been a suscriber to the LangaList for longer
than I care to remember; the guy really does know his stuff. Knocking
his supposed ignorance in the basis of a perfectly true article is
frankly absurd and only exposes the blinkers outlook of those with
little experience of the real world of computers out there.

Don't get me wrong! I love my Fedora system on my laptop here, and I've
been able to do things with my Fedora firewall/mailserver that would be
close to impossible without spending a lot of money on a Micro$soft system.

Some people ought to get out more.

John