NFS Mounts

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Fri Apr 23 20:45:45 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-04-23 14:39, Chris Garringer whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>The server should have the client in /etc/hosts.

<snip>
Having followed this so far, I can't help but comment that the original
problem was not so much to run NFS, but to move some files.  If it's a
one-shot thing and not too much stuff, a 256 MB USB Key or similar might
be viable.  If Dan really needs true file-sharing, I submit that Samba
is a lot easier to get working than all the discussion I've seen to get
NFS working.  Unless there's some obvious aw-sxxt like SuSE doesn't
support Samba.

--
Fritz Whittington
Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience. (James Boswell, Life of Samuel Johnson, 1791)