FC1 x86_64 issues

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Apr 25 05:20:07 UTC 2004

>>>>> "BO" == Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> writes:

BO> Yep.  Use 2.6 instead.

Any relatively simple way to do that short of installing FC2test2?  (I
have a full mirror but unfortunately I've killed the box so I can't
check until Monday.)  Given the selinux stuff I doubt I can just
install the FC2test2 or rawhide kernel packages.

BO> The FC1 x86_64 2.4 kernel is fairly useless.

I guess I'm supposed to know that, but I'm not sure how.

BO> It's probably a 32-bit binary, so install the 32-bit ncurses RPM.

So the point is that you have to install the 32-bit counterpart of
every library that might be used by 32-bit programs.  Makes sense, but
what about all of the file conflicts?  The ncurses packages contain
more than just the libraries.

 - J<