mp3 editor?

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Mon Apr 26 13:37:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 23:07, Charles Howse wrote:

> Apparently not, version 1.2.0 does not ship with mp3 support, even after I
> located libmp3lame.so.0 for it.

I installed version 1.2.0 from the freshrpms.net yum repository and have
no problems loading MP3 files. It relies on libmad for MP3 decoding -
which is also available from freshrpms.net. Add the repository
information from the following useful link and then simply run `yum
install audacity libmad`.
http://www.fedoratracker.org/tracker.py?mode=pkgSearchCommit&package.name=audacity
&package.arch=!src&actionID=4721&iteration=2

Regards,
-Matt

"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.
mhelios - www.fedoraforum.org