calendar or pim for gnome?

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Mon Apr 26 18:39:19 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw escribió:

> If you want something brief for the desktop, you can try gdeskcal, which
> is available via yum install gdeskcal. There are many skins available
> for it that would suit just about any desktop background.

Wow! I didn't know of that thing... and that pointed me direct to gDeskLets.
Is this something new?

It seems these guys have developed a very extensible architecture!
Have anyone tried this?
Is it as nice and *easily* extensible as they say?
Many screenshots at Linucs.org show gDeskLets in action.

I wonder why Gnome / KDE / or even the distros don't pay more attention
to these kind of projects. I think that with a good QA, some of these
little handy things could be nicely integrated by default into the
desktops and/or themes... we could then have a very "innovative" ;)
desktop (has anybody seen one of those previews of the integrated bars
that Redmond is planning for Longhorn?)

--
Mariano