non-gecko-based browser ??? Are there any for FC1 ????

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Tue Apr 27 03:30:18 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 26, Aaron Hughes did say:

> Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> > Hmmmnnn I should have thought of that. I forgot to look for the icon, Of
> > course that might be because I NEVER look for icons which are to me
> > mostly meaningless. If I could get Mozilla to display a text message on
> > the status bar ("[Popup blocked]" would be ideal) instead. Or to play a
> > distinctive sound when it puts the icon there. I might learn to look
> > for it. Still I remember liking the concept when I first read about it,
> > and had I looked for it, and if it had been there, I might have guessed
> > it's purpose.
> >
> > By the way can you tell me if clicking on that icon (assuming it was
> > there) would have given me the choice to un-block the site for the
> > current browser session only. Or would I have had to edit the preferences
> > to re-block popups for the site next time?
> >

> Mozilla will play a sound when it blocks pop-ups if you want it to go to
> edit preferences, privacy and security, popups, and then you can check
> the box to play any sound you want.  I think it would get very annoying
> but if that's what you're looking for.
>
> chunk

Probably would get annoying except I usually only go mozilla when Firefox
fails. And once that said annoyance teaches me to look for that durned
icon, I can, I presume, shut it back off... Ahha, Now I know why I
didn't try it when I 1st configured... There were no included sample
sounds, I had to hunt down an appropriate wav file. Copied a shooting
sound from some game. If it starts sounding like a machine gun, I won't
much "like" the web site that's shooting the pop-up attempts at me.
But basically I think it will do to remind me about that icon.

Thanks!