Strange change in message language

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 27 13:23:14 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Don Levey um 15:06:

> Interestingly, rebooting had no effect.
> Any other thoughts?
> Don

If you are more specific what you changed with locale? In your first
mail in this thread you spoke about you had linked something to a UK
locale file/directory. What did you exactly manipulate? The locale
language files are in

/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES

and the locales in

/usr/share/i18n/locales/

Both being part of the glibc-common package, a very basic RPM. If you
would be missing something in there I suspect you have a damaged
filesystem. but that is just a wild guess about what really happened and
what the clamav-milter error/warning message was. I more suspect it's
PEBKAC. Btw. from where did you take clamav, was it an RPM or did you
install from source?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 15:15:42 up 14:04, 11 users, 0.09, 0.17, 0.20
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]