Announcing the third test release of Fedora Core 2

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 14:11:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 15:05, Jay Daniels wrote:

> > - SELinux is now disabled by default. If you'd like to install with
> >   SELinux support, pass 'selinux' to the installer. Bug reports about
> >   the behavior and support of SELinux are certainly still welcome; we're
> >   still working on it.
> I will have to catch up on some reading.  I thought SELinux was a
> modified kernel published by the government!

OMG! TEH NSA IS GOING TO HAXAR ME!

Please, read the archives, use google, read. learn.
This bogus paranoia argument has come up time and time again, not just
here, but pretty much everywhere SELinux has been mentioned in passing.

> Why would Fedora even include it or does it just include support for
> SELinux?

Because it's included in the mainline kernel, has been auditted and
scrutinised by many many people looking for backdoors and other such
nonsense.

> I do not think most users here would need SELinux.

That's a somewhat shortsighted view.

	Dave