Taming the mailing lists?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 18:16:43 UTC 2004

jludwig said:
> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:00, Elliot Lee wrote:
>> If you feel that the Fedora mailing lists are becoming a little
>> unmanageable or are not as valuable as they could be, would you take the
>> time to e-mail me with your thoughts on the problem? (private e-mail is
>> fine) If you think that there's no problem at all, hearing that opinion
>> would be useful too!
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> -- Elliot
>> I keep committing atrocities in an attempt to learn from my mistakes.
> A thought.
>
> There are niches many are capable of helping with and other niches that
> many aren't that knowledgeable including myself.  If somehow the list
> could be broken down to groups S.A. System, X, web services, firewalls,
> networking, etc., like the directory structure, those subjects desired
> could be checked individually.

It sounds good in theory, but considering there are people having issues
just keeping fedora-list and fedora-test-list straight, I don't think more
mailing lists are the answer.

I've seen my share of "I know it is OT, but..." and "I run X on my web
server, that's why I posted an HTTPd question to the X list".

--
William Hooper