2 SCSI Controllers

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 29 11:39:56 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.04.2004 schrieb Götz Reinicke um 12:07:

> Hi,
>
> I have an Dell PE 1650 Server with an internal perc 3/di SCSI RAID
> Controller hosting a RAID 1 and an Adaptec 29160 Controller hosting an
> external Hardware RAID-Box.
>
> If I boot, and try to install Fedora, the external RAID is seen as sda,
> the internal RAID as sdb.
>
> How can I change this order, so that the internal RAID is sda and the
> external RAID is sdb? Any ideas?
>

> Regards
>
> Götz Reinicke

Just change the SCSI ID of the RAID arrays/drives. The lowest is sda,
the second... Remembering your previous post about difficulties with an
external SCSI driver array of SATA drives I guess you can specify the
SCSI ID for the whole external box.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 13:37:41 up 2 days, 12:26, load average: 1.27, 1.38, 1.35
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]