[OT] Laptops with Linux

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Thu Apr 29 15:50:07 UTC 2004

I know this is off topic but I'm not sure who else to turn to.  I'm looking
to buy a bunch of low-cost laptop/notebook computers and would rather not
pay for MS software that I'm not going to use.  I don't care if they don't
have Linux already installed.  In fact, as long as I know they will work
with FC1/2, I'd rather get one set up and clone it to all the others.

The big name brands don't seem to be much help.  Even IBM, with all their
Linux talk, puts Windows on all their ThinkPads, as far as I can tell.  Of
course, if I won't save anything, I might as well just bite the bullet and
get what I get.  It rankles, that's all and I *SHOULD* be able to save
something.

--
Henry Hartley