Monitor Trouble

Brane Lj brane18 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 29 15:53:32 UTC 2004

I installed Fedora Core 1 and as usual the setup
didn't detect my monitor properly even though it is in
the list (Hansol 500A). I choose the proper monitor
and continued the installation (this worked on
previous versions of RH).
After i installed the OS and booted it for the first
time somewhere right after starting x my monitor
turned itself off. I'm guessing the resolution set is
not supported by my monitor. I went and edited the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file - horizontal and vertical
frequencies and resolution but that didn't help.

Lastly I used the Redhat-config-x86free (forgot the
right name) with the --reconfigure switch and i
recieved this error:

xconf.py :Fatal IO error2 (connection reset by peer)
on x server :17.0

The graphics card was detected properly - Radeon7000
For the monitor i recieved some bogus values...

I even reinstalled the whole lot and used a standard
800x600 monitor but no luck with that either.

Does anyone know what else I could try beside buying a
new monitor :D

thanks

Conker

http://au.movies.yahoo.com