DHCP reserve IPs

Benton E. Cole benton.cole at tic.toshiba.com
Thu Apr 29 18:38:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:13, Matthew Benjamin wrote:
> Does anyone know how to reserve IPs in DHCP , or do you just not
> include them? Maybe that's a dum question - hummmm???

I wouldn't say dumb...  Here is how to assign addresses to hosts using
dhcp:

host hostname
	{
	fixed-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
	hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
	}

This is placed after the subnet, range and option definitions in th
dhcpd.conf file. You can avoid this by not including the address(es) in
the range. I do believe there is or used to be a reserve command but I
can't remember offhand. Maybe man dhcpd.conf will reveal it.

--
Benton E. Cole <benton.cole at tic.toshiba.com>