error in XKB configuration..I have tried everything

Vishal Modak whizvish80 at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:47:24 UTC 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

hi everybody
i am getting XKB configuration error when I login fedora core 2 as non-root..
I know..several ppl have had this problem..there are various fixes suggested over the web..for the past 1 week..i have been almost the solutions presented in the various mailing lists and unfortunately..
all have failed to solve my problem

these are fixes that i have tried

1. Added a Option "XkbRules" "xrg" in xorg.conf

2. Adding symbolic links to xfree86.lst -> xorg.lst
                            xfree86-it.lst -> xorg-it.lst
                            xfree86.xml -> xorg.xml

3. I have also tried Xorg -configure and created a new xorg file..

None of the above solutions have worked for me..

I am left with no other option..please help me out...
I have reached to point where..I think reinstalling FC2 is my only option..but i really dont want to do it..

Is there any other alternative..?

Regards
Vishal Modak
Dept. of Computer and Information Science
Univ. Of South Alabama
Mobile, AL