lmsesnors in 2.6 kernel

Andrew TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 22:29:38 UTC 2004

I want gkrellm to be able to report CPU temp & fan speed just like I
have it using hddtemp to report hard drive temps. It says no sensors
installed, so I googled and found I need lmsensors. I downloaded the
source for lmsensor, but then I read that it doesn't comile in 2.6
kernels. Since I can't find any rpm file in red carpet, I tried it
anyway and followed the instructions, downloaded 2.6 kernel-source and
got the i686 config file, but it doesn't compile. How do I get lmsensors
working?