partion error and usb trouble when upgrading

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:28:12 UTC 2004

Shawn wrote:
> Trying to go from Shrike (RH9) to Fedora Core2, I got two errors of which
> the second stopped me:
>
> For #1) I got a "unable to align partion properly ..." message which is
> what related to dual booting (note Win2000 is on another drive but I guess
> that's where the boot mgr is).  Anyway, it said it's a fixable problem so I
> gave it a green light.  Um assuming I get past two, how do I fix #1 later.

Try following the links in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg05502.html
perhaps? (Note that Windows XP and Windows 2000 share the same problem,
as well as many others...)

HTH,

James.
--
E-mail address: james@ | "Hardware simply does not work like the manual says
westexe.demon.co.uk    | and no amount of Zen contemplation will ever make you