10/100 ethernet settings

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 2 16:23:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 12:11, Andrew Konosky wrote:
> I have a home network with 2 computers on a linksys router with linksys
> NICs. Under windows 98 I had to manually configure it to use 100mbps
> since it defaukted to 10. The router's LED to my computer is yellow,
> which means it's at 10mbps right now. How do I configure Fedora to use
> 100mbps also?

Andrew,

mii-tool eth0 should tell you what the cards defaulted to.  mii-tool can
also change the current states for speed and duplex.  See the man page.

You did not say what chipset was on the linksys card, but module
parameters probably exist that can be added as options to modules.conf
(FC1) or modprobe.conf (FC2). Look in
/usr/src/linux-kernel-rev/Documentation.

I would have thought that the cards and router would have played
together better.  During my short stint with Linksys equipment
autonegotiation worked pretty well.

Bob...