Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> emails hang my mail client

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Aug 3 02:38:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, James Ronald wrote:

> Every message posted by Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> hangs when
> getting mail from my ISPs mail server.  After logging on using Web mail and
> deleting all his messages I'm then able to continue getting my mail.  Anyone
> else having this problem? Yes, I'm using outlook express and I've tried
> outlook and it fails in the same way.  My ISP does not have a clue as they
> claim it's a spam or virus problem.  Any ideas?  Is it Mitch's mail client
> or my ISP?  I know it couldn't be a MS issue ;-)

Mitch is using Mutt.  There is nothing unusual about his e-mail that I can
find.

Why do you insist on using known buggy e-mail clients?  If you insist on
using Windows, try Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/) or Eudora
(http://www.eudora.com/).

Better yet, try using something under Linux.  There are more e-mail
clients to choose from.

I am betting that there is some odd imap issue that you are running into.
You need to test with something made by someone other than the client that
is not working.