Graphics Card or Monitor problem, how to fix?

Steven Hodgen shodgen at solomonschool.com
Wed Aug 4 16:58:33 UTC 2004

1024*768*4 = 3145728 bytes or just over 3mb.  That's at 1024x768.  So, 4mb
is enough to support this resolution.  The graphics mode comes up, it works
fine.  It's always worked fine in Windows, with 8mb.  Additionally, I'm not
doing any animation, where'd I'd need more than 1 buffer, I'm just running
Gnome.  I really don't think the RAM is the issue.  I'd say it must be
something to do with how the refresh is set up.  But the configuration files
for specifying these things is very technical, and while I'm technically
inclined, I really don't have time to dig into how all the parameters work,
plus there's always the possibility of damaging the monitor.

Thanks for looking at this for me!

--Steven

PS. The reason I didn't want to trim is that I didn't know what information
would be useful.  I didn't want to trim something important out.