pcnet_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present

Shu Hung (Koala) koala at dg21.com
Thu Aug 5 01:38:37 UTC 2004

The interface has not been brought down. I found these lines in lsmod's
list:
    pcnet_cs          14776   1
    8390                6912    1  pcnet_cs
    ds                    12292   1  pcnet_cs
    ..
They appears everytime I boot the machine up. And the same problem
appear everytime too.
(One thing to mention:  I didn't have an ifcfg_eth0 in that folder, till
I created it with the line "ONBOOT=no")

I think this a bug of the kernel or something. I found other users of
mandrake10 have the same problem. And the same problem appears with FC1
too......