WINE

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Thu Aug 5 01:54:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:36:54 +0200, Renier Lotter wrote
> I am still new with Linux but i am growing quite fond of
> it, I do however have a query about WINE. The winfile
> utility looks almost like winexplorer right, but I can't
> seem to copy and paste files within it. I want to run
> Quake3 on Linux, but it keeps on asking for the cd, even if
> it is in the drive (it worked fine in windows XP) so I
> thought to download a crack for the executable. So I just
> want to know how I can copy this onto the "c:\" drive.
>
> Thanx allot Renier

Goto to the files section (For Quake 3) on planetquake, and download the Linux
installer for Quake3 (It will use the original WIndows CD). As it will run
natively on Linux, and doesn't require Wine. I've run it this way for a few
years now. As I'm not at home, I don't have the exact link. You could also
google for it 'Quake 3 for Linux' should bring up quite a few hits.

Wolf