rpm --import

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Thu Aug 5 08:04:00 UTC 2004

Didier Casse wrote:
> On 05/08/04, at 08:50 +0200, Alexander Apprich <a.apprich at science-computing...:
>

>>Didier Casse wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>       When I perform an
>>>
>>>rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY
>>>
>>>I would like to know where does Fedora store this information and the way
>>>to remove the gpg key if I want to. Thanks.
>>>

>> From "man rpm"
>>
>>[schnipp]
>>
>>Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like  packages.
>>Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key
>>
>>    rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e
>>
>>[/schnipp]
>>

> Thanks for the reply. I guess I kinda overlooked the manpage. :-(

You're welcome! Overlooking something is very easy, this happens to me,
too :-)

> Do you know where it stores the information?

root at kidd lib/rpm # \pwd
/var/lib/rpm
root at kidd lib/rpm # file *
Basenames:      Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Conflictname:   Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Dirnames:       Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)
Filemd5s:       Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Group:          Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Installtid:     Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)
Name:           Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Packages:       Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Providename:    Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Provideversion: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)
Pubkeys:        Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Requirename:    Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Requireversion: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)
Sha1header:     Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Sigmd5:         Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
Triggername:    Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)

Later

Alex