Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Aaron Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Fri Aug 6 05:41:12 UTC 2004

Vic Ricker wrote:
 > I'm working with Fedora in a business environment and I don't think this
 > is really appropriate.  It might be fun for the
 > still-wet-behind-the-ears college kids but, unfortunately, political
 > correctness is running rampant in the corporate world.  Some people are
 > just looking for reasons to be offended so they can sue.
 >
 > Are there any other surprises hidden in Fedora?

/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/xflame
xflame defaults to a mans face that seems to burn in effigy. It is so
absurd that users assume their system has a virus.

/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/blitspin
blitspin defaults to a woman with tape over her face. This default is
overridden in the GUI.

/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/xjack
xjack is not vulgar but most people know the story and would not find it
professional.

/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/bsod
bsod makes unsavvy viewers believe that the Linux box is locking up.