RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Fri Aug 6 14:24:40 UTC 2004

Cowles, Steve wrote:

>Have you tried loading the modules manually? Maybe this problem is related
>to modprobe or something along those lines.
>
># cat /etc/modules
>...snip...
># Traffic Shaping Modules
>sch_htb
>sch_sfq
>sch_ingress
>cls_fw
>cls_u32

Thanks for listing your modules Steve. I wouldn't have known what to
look for.

Running lsmod on both kernel boots produces the same loaded modules
without me having to do anything manually.
cls_u32
sch_htb
sch_sfq
I'm not using any ingress or fw support so their respective modules not
showing up is expected.

If the new kernel needs a new module loaded as might be suggested by the
change in the directory structure I noted in a previous post, then that
may be what's wrong. Trouble is I have no idea what it might be. The
logs also don't show anything going awry.

Something is hosed with that kernel somewhere. I think I'll try
bugzilla. Thanks for your help.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com