Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Fri Aug 6 16:13:11 UTC 2004

> But this wouldn't be a problem if people didn't feel the need to sue
> over the littlest observed slight.

No doubt. Personally if I walked by someones computer and they were surfing
the web and i noticed a dozen popups come up for porn..  Ok, whatever.

(fictional scenario)
If some girl was blatenly checking me out..  Ok, whatever.

If someone refers to someone else at work as 'The black guy from the art
department' instead of 'The tall guy with short hair, dark eyes, who sits in
the north east corner of the art building with the lava lamp on his desk'..
ok, whatever. it was certainly more efficient.

These are all things that can get you in serious trouble.. but what the hell
harm did any of it cause me? None.. it wasn't offending to me..  But, I guess
some people get offending at the most stupid crap.

> Trivial situations as the screensaver shouldn't be a problem big enough
> for anyone to get outraged about and feel they must complain.  Just fix
> it to what they need.

This specific one isn't cause for outrage..  but it is a cause for 'what else
is there?' and 'Is there a way to have these default to off?'

> We need a middle ground on these types of situations because everyone is
> has different opinions as seen in this topic. This middle ground has to
> accepted by everyone and not think that their opinion is the absolute
> correct one.

ANd of course.. we're all entitled to our opinions.. the only people that are
entitled to put the smack down, are the redhat associates that make the
decisions.. whether they listen to our opinions or not, is anyones guess.

I believe what I believe, but I'm not close minded enough to not be able to
see the other side of the fence. I can see how these crazy fools in todays
society get offended over someone saying 'that lady over there' when they
should have some 'The human being over there'..

at the same time, very very little offends me.. the last time I got offended
was more out of just pure disgust.. when I had to sit next to a 200 pound 8
year old girl at the movie theater and watched her stuff her face with soda,
nachos, hot dogs, and was eating like a pure animal.. while her huge mother
and father watched her and thought it was great..  and people wonder why their
health insurance premiums keep going up.