How to install 2 X Server

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 6 20:30:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:05:09PM +0000, regatta wrote:

> Yes they are a remote users
> Do you know any how to document ?
>

> > Since many library functions are controlled by 'ld', it is possible to
> > set one or more environment variable to control dynamic linking or
> > even set things at the link stage when the object is compiled.
> > See the ld man page...
> >
> > i.e. LD_RUN_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > Are these remote users?

If they are remote then the library issues are simpler.

Can you be specific about what the users want?
That way we can be more specific in the examples.

If you remotly login and run

   strace -f -o /tmp/trace-xterm-remote xterm

You will see that about 33 of the 80+ files that are opened are X
libraries.  What library or function call do the users want updated?
Other X applications will link to and open additional or different
libraries.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004