What dvd writers are Fedora compatible?

Roger lists at glance.pt
Fri Aug 6 23:03:21 UTC 2004

I have an LG DVD writer, but havent been able to reliabily do data backups

I have like 4GB data to backup daily and I make 1 single big tar that
then convert to iso file

Should I split the tar in smaller files ?

can anyone pls post the mkisofs and cdrecord command lines that you are
using, or the script file you use for data backup for DVD ?

also I noticed that while Linux is burning the DVD I cant access the
samba shares. after the DVD is finished burning I get all working back.

I am using 2 HD mounted as master on each controler with software RAID1
configuration and the DVD is mounted as slave with one of the disks

thanks for any help