separate NFS and download image hosts via DHCP?

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Sat Aug 7 10:56:03 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day said the following on 06/08/2004 15:03:

>   not clear from the man page, but is there a way to configure
> /etc/dhcpd.conf to have separate hosts for both the NFS-mountable root
> filesystem, and the downloadable boot image?
>
>   more generally, just how thoroughly can you segregate
>
> 1) the host providing DHCP service
> 2) the host providing the boot image
> 3) the host providing the NFS-mountable root FS?

Putting NFS on another box is no hassle. When you do a network install
via NFS just specify the host of your choice or put it in the kickstart
file.

As far as seperating DHCP and the boot image (TFTP) I have never tried
but I think you need to use a DHCP proxy. Anyboby tried this before?

--
Redmond, we have a problem.